Sunday, June 12

Homophobia Associated With Arousal


I don't understand gay bashers, or people who hate gays to the point of rude comments etc.

If you don't like the idea of gay, then stop thinking about it and do your best to avoid it.

I don't like mascots. When I see them on the street, I cross to the other side and stay safely away from the weirdly large and very non-human creatures.

I don't create blogs trying to eradicate them. I don't stalk them in the night and beat them within an inch of their life. I don't tell jokes about them with my friends. I just don't think about them.

If you spend much of your time hating gay people, somewhere, at least subconsciously, you want to spend time thinking about them. I mean, this is not a hard and fast rule, but it does make a lot of sense.

Fifteen years ago a study was done involving measuring arousal when straight, lesbian and gay sex was shown. The result? 


"Heterosexual men with the most anti-gay attitudes, when asked, reported not being sexually aroused by gay male sex videos. But, their penises reported otherwise.

Homophobic men were the most sexually aroused by gay male sex acts."
Check out the article at Wired:
Wired: Homophobia Is Apparently Associated With Homosexual Arousal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics